New Puppy (Shopping) Checklist
"Every boy should have two things: a dog, and a mother willing to let him have one. PS...mother needed so the dog can be fed regularly." Anonymous
| ||Last Changed |
| || |
List of pet insurance companies rated!
Best Pet Insurance! TRUPANION
Puppy Stuff USA for Terrific Ear Powder
1. Sherpa dog bed for the crate...from Chewys get to fit crate.
3. Doggie bed ( not a must but some pups love them especially with bolsters), they wedge themselves in the groove.
4. Food...Taste of the Wild puppy bison, Nulo Turkey and origen puppy to you puppies...can be bought at Pet flow also many supplies..
5. bowls ( metal or ceramic are great! wash easily even in dish washer)
6. Petco or other brand of CHEW STOP stuff............spray entire area where puppy will be( their eye level), chair legs electrical cords, furniture etc. This will NOT stain your stuff or even smell, make sure all puppy toys are put away before doing this so none falls on them. This will deter the pup from those areas hopefully...
8. Toys, you have some, it's good to rotate toys and dogs get bored when there are allot but enjoy them more if the come and go........You'll find one or two she particularly may enjoy.........
10. "Dog training for Dummies" book and books below!
We ask that every family adopting a puppy from SCL read two very informative books while waiting for their puppy to come home. They will make a huge difference in the adjustment of a puppy into your home and family. Please read the following books:
"The Dog Listener" by Jan Fennell
"How to Behave So Your Dog Behaves" by Sophia Yin, DVM
11. Training treats.......I use different things. Cheese works great, so does puppy pepperoni breaks off in small little pieces. are great too. Hard cruchie broke up dogie treats work too but sometimes they hack on them due to dryness and excitement make sure you don't fill the pups tummy all up with training treats...........:) CHERIOS!!! Stella and Chewys meal mixers are amazing they are dehydrated raw and are easy to tote and are real food...Meal Mixers
12. Poochie bells if you decide to try to train her to ring the bell to go potty.....link is under training........Poochie bells web site
13. Name tag for your pet with your contact information. best way to get your dog back if lost or stolen...
14. Lot's of love and patience...........:)