What you receive when you adopt a Southern Charm Puppy:
Our dogs and any litter we produce are hand raised with lots of love inside our home and are well socialized to the outside world and many of it's wonders before they leave us for their forever families.........( see socialization link).
We like to wait until
the puppies are 7-8 weeks old as it is easier to see their personalities
and coats in order to match them with their family. I allocate puppies
to families and no longer allow families to select their puppies. I
will take into consideration what is on your wish list and ask you to
give me your top 3 in the litter. I ultimately I will decide which puppy
you get since I know their temperaments better. I find families change
their minds many times as the puppies grow up here...I am dealing with
all the families and know their dynamics at home, not just yours, so
must take everyone into consideration when assigning the right puppy
for the right family...
Home Going instructions:
Home going instructional videos created by me
What your puppy will have when he/she goes home.
1. Two set of puppy shots, at least. (Distemper/Parvo/Bordatella/adneovirus)
2. Worming appropriate for age, 2,4,6,8 weeks ( first heart worm pill, I use heart guard or tri heart plus) flea and tic (front line plus) which is a topical.
3. Veterinary certified health certificate and detailed health care record
4. Micro chipped: SCL puppies are micro chipped by our Vet at 8 weeks. Pet Recovery Service works 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, every day of the year to facilitate the recovery of lost pets. New puppy owners can enroll their pet's microchip identification number with the Recovery Service on line or by mailing back the enrollment form included in your puppy packet.
5. Puppy food they are use to for 3-4 days. I feed life abundance dog food along with some other well rated dog foods.
6. Goody bag of toys and an article or toy with Mom's scent. Samples of dog food currently feed your puppy. First collar with SCL logo, leash, bully stick and elk antler to help with crate training. One new toy..a stuff less toy.
7. Pedigree of your dogs ancestors and a comprehensive book created for your puppy, with collage of pictures I have taken and valuable information to help you with your puppy as he or she grows...
8. Health Warrentee and adoption agreement.
9. Life time support from us.......Puppy application
10. Spaying and Neutering your pet...when is the right time? Excellent article for information on why spaying and neutering too soon could cause more harm then good...I do not do ESN at 7 weeks and this article sites why it is not good for the general well being and growth and development of your dog. If you live in Georgia, click on this link for information about Spay Neuter Georgia, a program to get discounted spay and neutering in our state. More explanation on why ESN is not in the best interest for your pet..
Dog naturally on Spay and Neutering made simple to understand potential issues if done when too young..
More updated opinions on when to spay your pet!
Dog Naturally Magazine on spaying and neutering your pet.
Explanation of alternatives to conventional castration of your pet..
More info from Lomira Veterinary hospital concerning hormone sparing surgery for dogs.
Our Promise to You:
We guarantee that our Labradoodle breeding stock are free of life threatening genetic disorders and have been tested for the following: Hip and elbow displasia, progressive retinal atrophy, VWB, and heart disease and will fully guarantee this for two years on your puppy. We also guarantee for a period of 72 hours that the puppy is free of disease and is in good health and require the purchaser to have the puppy vet checked within 3 days upon receiving the puppy in order to make this part of our guarantee valid.
Though we do our best to only breed healthy dogs that have tested clear of these problems (HD, VWD, PRA), occasionally genetic problems can randomly occur, much in the way that Downs Syndrome in people can randomly occur. If such a thing happens, we will either (at our discretion) refund up to the original purchase price of the dog if said dog is returned and replace with another or pay vet costs up to original purchase price of the dog. We also reserve the right, at the breeders expense, to have the dog checked by a vet of our choice before offering a replacement puppy or refund. We also require all testing been done on said dog be given for evaluation.