What you receive when you adopt a Southern Charm Puppy:
Our dogs and any litter we produce are hand raised with lots of love inside our home and are well socialized to the outside world and many of it's wonders before they leave us for their forever families.........( see socialization link). When the puppies are 7 weeks old we will start matching puppies with their families and their individual "wish list", according to the order of deposit received. This will be a collaboration between the families and myself. Often times the puppy actually "picks" his family. I've had many families insist on a girl, only to come out and fall in love with a boy. Same holds true for color etc. Keep an open mind during this time and the perfect puppy will come to your arms and into your heart from ours.
Home Going instructions:
Home going instrutional videos created by me
What your puppy will have when he/she goes home.
1. Two set of puppy shots, at least. (Distemper/Parvo/Bordatella)2. Worming appropriate for age, 2,4,6,8 weeks ( first heart worm pill)
3. Veterinary certified health certificate and detailed health care record
4. Micro chipped: SC puppies are micro chipped by our Vet at 8 weeks. Avid Pet Recovery Service works 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, every day of the year to facilitate the recovery of lost pets. New puppy owners can enroll their pet's Avid microchip identification number with the Recovery Service on line or by mailing back the enrollment form included in your puppy packet.
5. Puppy food they are use to for 3-4 days. I feed Taste of the Wild dog food to all of my dogs.
The links below are to a continually updated list of pet food recalls.
6. Goody bag of toys and an article or toy with Mom's scent. Samples of dog food currently feed your puppy. First collar with SCL logo, leach, bully stick and elk antler to help with crate training. One new toy..a sneeeze stuffless.
7. Pedigree of your dogs ancestors and a comprehensive book created for your puppy, with collage of pictures I have taken and valuable information to help you with your puppy as he or she grows...
8. Health Gurantee and puppy contract
9. Life time support from us.......Puppy application
10. Spaying and Neutering your pet...when is the right time? Excellent article for information on why spaying and neutering too soon could cause more harm then good...I do not do ESN at 7 weeks and this article sites why it is not good for the general well being and growth and development of your dog. If you live in Georgia, click on this link for information about Spay Neuter Georgia, a program to get discounted spay and neutering in our state.
Our Promise to You:
We guarantee that our Labradoodle breeding stock are free of life threatening genetic disorders and have been tested for the following: Hip and elbow displasia, progressive retinal atrophy, VWB, and heart disease and will fully guarantee this for two years on your puppy. We also guarantee for a period of 72 hours that the puppy is free of disease and is in good health and require the purchaser to have the puppy vet checked within 3 days upon receiving the puppy in order to make this part of our guarantee valid.
Though we do our best to only breed healthy dogs that have tested clear of these problems (HD, VWD, PRA), occasionally genetic problems can randomly occur, much in the way that Downs Syndrome in people can randomly occur. If such a thing happens, we will either (at our discretion) refund up to the original purchase price of the dog if said dog is returned and replace with another or pay vet costs up to original purchase price of the dog. We also reserve the right, at the breeders expense, to have the dog checked by a vet of our choice before offering a replacement puppy or refund. We also require all testing been done on said dog be given for evaluation.